A Friend of the National Science and Maths Quiz, Gold Category award has been conferred on Medifem Multi-Specialist Hospital & Fertility Centre.
The award presented at the 25th-anniversary dinner of Primetime Limited was in recognition of Medifem’s immense contribution to the success of the National Science and Maths Quiz and Science Festival 2018.
Other key individuals and institutions that have supported the Quiz programme through its 25-year journey were also honored at the dinner dance.
To support organizers of the competition cater for the health needs of participants, the hospital signed a healthcare sponsorship deal with Primetime Ghana Limited making it the official healthcare partner for the program.
In the period between June 5 to July 5 when the competition was held, the hospital provided free primary health care to contestants, teachers and production crew involved in the program.
Additionally, the deal also involved a free one-year medical care cover for all finalists of the 2018 edition of the competition.
Receiving the award on behalf of the hospital, Business Development Manager of the hospital, Miss Sena Adjasi said the award underscored Medifem’s commitment to supporting initiatives in the educational sector especially in the study of Science and Maths.
She added that the honour will spur the hospital on to do more to support the National Science and Maths Quiz as well as other impactful educational programmes as education remained one of the key pillars of the hospital’s social initiative philosophy.
The NSMQ, the longest-running independent production on television in Ghana, started in 1993 with the aim of promoting the study of the sciences and mathematics, while fostering healthy academic rivalry among senior high schools.
The programme is very popular with not only its main target group-Senior High School students- but also with parents and especially with former students (old boys and girls), who take great pride in the performance of their schools on this programme.
St. Peter’s Senior High School, Nkwatia won the 2018 edition after beating Adisadel College and West Africa Senior High School in the finals held at the National Theatre last Thursday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years