A Friend of the National Science and Maths Quiz, Gold Category award has been conferred on Medifem Multi-Specialist Hospital & Fertility Centre.
The award presented at the 25th-anniversary dinner of Primetime Limited was in recognition of Medifem’s immense contribution to the success of the National Science and Maths Quiz and Science Festival 2018.
Other key individuals and institutions that have supported the Quiz programme through its 25-year journey were also honored at the dinner dance.
To support organizers of the competition cater for the health needs of participants, the hospital signed a healthcare sponsorship deal with Primetime Ghana Limited making it the official healthcare partner for the program.
In the period between June 5 to July 5 when the competition was held, the hospital provided free primary health care to contestants, teachers and production crew involved in the program.
Additionally, the deal also involved a free one-year medical care cover for all finalists of the 2018 edition of the competition.
Receiving the award on behalf of the hospital, Business Development Manager of the hospital, Miss Sena Adjasi said the award underscored Medifem’s commitment to supporting initiatives in the educational sector especially in the study of Science and Maths.
She added that the honour will spur the hospital on to do more to support the National Science and Maths Quiz as well as other impactful educational programmes as education remained one of the key pillars of the hospital’s social initiative philosophy.
The NSMQ, the longest-running independent production on television in Ghana, started in 1993 with the aim of promoting the study of the sciences and mathematics, while fostering healthy academic rivalry among senior high schools.
The programme is very popular with not only its main target group-Senior High School students- but also with parents and especially with former students (old boys and girls), who take great pride in the performance of their schools on this programme.
St. Peter’s Senior High School, Nkwatia won the 2018 edition after beating Adisadel College and West Africa Senior High School in the finals held at the National Theatre last Thursday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police chief rejects subordinate's claims of sidelining in bloody bye-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’
- Cape Coast: Basic school heads appeal for gov't assistance
- ‘We are not alone’ Police tweet video of strange light emerging from thunderstorm
- The mysterious town obsessed with ‘11’
- Police on manhunt for 4 NDC 'Hawks' over Kumasi shooting
- That's My Opinion: Article of Confusion