Two UK-based men of God have been named in this year’s Africa Legendary Award for Ministers of the Gospel.
They are Bishop Emmanuel Owusu-Ansah (Ghanaian) of Kingdom Life Ministry and Pastor Alex Omokudu (Nigerian) of Victorious Pentecostal Assembly,
Board members of African Heroes Foundation International voted to award the honour in recognition of the two "outstanding, dedication and contributions of the preachers toward God's Kingdom and humanity, by using their executive offices to extend charity hands to the widow, poor and needy in the African society over the past years."
Madam Priscilla Asante, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of African Heroes Foundation International, who announced the prestigious award Monday, said the board arrived at the decision after a thorough selection process.
According to her, previous recipients of the award include the Presiding Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams, General Overseer of the Action Chapel International (ACI) ministry; Prophet Victor Kusi Boateng, Founder and General Overseer of Power Chapel Cathedral; and Reverend Victor Osei, Founder and General Overseer of Family Chapel International.
Others include Dr Osei Kwame of Despite Group, Nana Owusu Asante, CEO of First Eye Group of Companies as well as the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Mr. Bernard Antwi Boasiako aka 'Wontumi';, Dr Kwaku Oteng of Angel Group of Companies and Dr Ofori Sarpong of Special Ice Drinks fame.
She stated that the nominees had indicated their happiness to accept the awards, which event is scheduled to come off at the end of July in UK.
Mad. Asante noted that the award is meant to encourage the Ministers to continuously propagate the Gospel of Christ and lead the charge to influence society and shape lives for Africa's development.
The award ceremony is coming shortly after a similar one organized by the Foundation to honour 12 entrepreneurs in recognition of their contribution towards sustainable development in Ghana.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years