JoyNews can confirm the removal of Mr. Paul Asare Ansah from his post as the Director General at Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
He is to be replaced by Mr Michael Achagwe Luguje, who is currently the Secretary-General, Port Management Association for West and Central Africa, based in Nigeria.
Reasons for Mr. Paul Ansah’s removal from office are not immediately known but it is believed to have been triggered by a recent spat between workers' union of the Ports Authority and Board Chair, Peter Mac Manu whom they accuse of engaging in wrongful undertakings as well as running a family and friends’ administration.
The Board Chairman denied all the allegations and caused his lawyers to write to the leaders of the union demanding a retraction and apology and threatening legal action if they fail to.
Mr Ansah was reported to have been present at the press conference by the workers' union where the allegations against Mr Mac Manu were detailed, pitching him firmly against the Board Chairman who is a former Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
A source close the GPHA has told Myjoyonline.com Mr. Ansah's experience pales into insignificance compared to that of his successor who himself worked with the Authority for almost two decades.
Mr Michael Achagwe Luguje is new GPHA DG.
Mr. Luguje joined the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) in Tema (Ghana) in January 1999 and has over 15 years' experience in the maritime transport industry.
He holds a B.A. Degree in French and Linguistics from the University of Ghana, MSc in Maritime Affairs (specializing in Port Management) from the World Maritime University (Sweden), and MBA in Project and Strategic Management from the Paris Graduate School of Management (France).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Santa on the naughty list after 'swearing at children'
- Anlo youth fight Torgbui Sri III over decision to attend Akwasidae
- The ancient 'gateway to the underworld'
- GCIC graduates, inducts entrepreneurs into its business incubator
- Gov’t urged to incorporate Earth Science into SHS curriculum
- Private tertiary institutions struggling - Pentecost University Rector
- Medical drones: Procurement expert offers critical “clause by clause” analysis of deal
- Accra Ridge Church inducts 2 new ministers into office
- The island that never get full
- Medical drone deal suspension would cause judgment debt – Ayine
- Photo of the week: The moment Rawlings told a hilarious story about seed sowing
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures
- GES urged to reconsider stance against mobile phone use in SHS
- Rawlings calls for environmental vigilantism
- Medical drones: Baako criticises lack of “deliberate engagement” with GMA