President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, left Ghana on Friday, 5th October, 2018, to attend the 5th Edition of the Financial Times Africa Summit taking place in London, United Kingdom from 7th to 9th October.
The Summit, being held on the theme “Africa Means Business”, is featuring “high profile speakers in business, politics and economics, as well as Heads of State committed to making business central to their development goals.” President Akufo-Addo will also hold meetings with CEOs of some important global enterprises, whilst in London.
On Wednesday, 10th October, 2018, the President will fly to Yerevan, Armenia, to lead the Ghanaian delegation to the 17th Summit of OrganisationInternationale de la Francophonie, which will take place from 11th to 12th October.
Ghana, which has been an Associate Member of La Francophonie since 2006, will be admitted at the Summit as a Full Member. Ghana will then be only one of a handful of countries that enjoy full membership of both the Commonwealth and La Francophonie.
The President will, after the Summit, fly to Paris, France, for a series of meetings with some potential investors on Saturday, 13th October, 2018.
He will return to Ghana on Sunday, 14th October, 2018, and, in his absence, the Vice President, Alhaji Dr MahamuduBawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
President Akufo-Addo was accompanied by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Hon. Shirley AyorkorBotchway MP, and officials of the Presidency and the Foreign Ministry.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself