President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, left Ghana on Friday, 5th October, 2018, to attend the 5th Edition of the Financial Times Africa Summit taking place in London, United Kingdom from 7th to 9th October.
The Summit, being held on the theme “Africa Means Business”, is featuring “high profile speakers in business, politics and economics, as well as Heads of State committed to making business central to their development goals.” President Akufo-Addo will also hold meetings with CEOs of some important global enterprises, whilst in London.
On Wednesday, 10th October, 2018, the President will fly to Yerevan, Armenia, to lead the Ghanaian delegation to the 17th Summit of OrganisationInternationale de la Francophonie, which will take place from 11th to 12th October.
Ghana, which has been an Associate Member of La Francophonie since 2006, will be admitted at the Summit as a Full Member. Ghana will then be only one of a handful of countries that enjoy full membership of both the Commonwealth and La Francophonie.
The President will, after the Summit, fly to Paris, France, for a series of meetings with some potential investors on Saturday, 13th October, 2018.
He will return to Ghana on Sunday, 14th October, 2018, and, in his absence, the Vice President, Alhaji Dr MahamuduBawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
President Akufo-Addo was accompanied by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Hon. Shirley AyorkorBotchway MP, and officials of the Presidency and the Foreign Ministry.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status