Two passengers onboard a Hyundai bus died on the spot when their vehicle got involved in a gory accident in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The accident which occurred at the University of Cape Coast east gate along the Cape Coast-Takoradi highway also left forty-five others sustaining various degrees of injuries with some in critical condition.
Thirty-six of the injured are on admission at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital while the rest were receiving treatment at the UCC hospital.
Division Officer 1 (ADO), Abdul Wasiu Hudu, Central Regional Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) told the Ghana News Agency that the incident occurred around 0102 hours on Wednesday.
According to him, the accident involved a Benz cargo vehicle with registration number GR 1553-15 and Hyundai bus with registration number GW 9656-17.
The Hyundai bus with loaded passengers was heading towards Accra from Takoradi, while the cargo Benz, loaded with ice fish was heading to Elmina from Tema.
He said the driver of the Hyundai bus upon reaching the East gate of UCC attempted to overtake the vehicle in front of him which resulted in a head-on collision with the Benz cargo, which was coming from the opposite direction.
The bodies of the deceased persons have been deposited at the Central Regional Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers