Police in the Central Region are investigating the circumstances that led to the drowning of two university students during a GRASAG conference in the region on August 16, 2018.
The body of one of the students Sarah Kwarteng of the University of Winneba is yet to be found while that of Lilian Ampofowaa Asiedu is in the University of Cape Coast hospital morgue.
At least three others are still on admission at the hospital.
Narrating how the incident occurred, the Central Regional Police PRO, DSP Irene Oppong told JOYNEWS the students had gone to Oasis beach near Cape Coast Castle to have fun and for sight-seeing but a strong tidal wave suddenly carried five of them away.
It took the intervention of residents to rescue all but the body of one student is still yet to be found.
Out of the four rescued, one of them later died at the hospital where they had been rushed to.
“Currently we have Faustina Akaime with the Kings University, Kasoa, Sharon Badonye, Methodist University, Dansoman and the Frank Boateng Garden City University Kumasi now on admission at the Cape Coast University hospital.
“The body of Sarah Kwarteng of the University of Education Winneba, Mampong campus has still not been found. Investigations are ongoing,” she said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals