Hope of safe and dignified child delivery is on the horizon as Mangotideke residents anticipate the completion of a delivery centre which is under construction after a Joy News documentary.
The centre is near completion at a village in the Volta region where the chief doubles as a midwife and does deliveries on the bare floor.
The construction of the centre which can also be used as a clinic for the village started after a Joy News hotline documentary, Left Behind.
The documentary highlighted the plight of pregnant women in the village.
With financial support from a WhatsApp group called Paddies, a lecturer at the Ho technical university Dr Devine Novieto is confident, the centre will soon be completed and handed over to the community.
Watch the video report as pregnant women there are competing to be first to deliver at the centre.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes