Hope of safe and dignified child delivery is on the horizon as Mangotideke residents anticipate the completion of a delivery centre which is under construction after a Joy News documentary.
The centre is near completion at a village in the Volta region where the chief doubles as a midwife and does deliveries on the bare floor.
The construction of the centre which can also be used as a clinic for the village started after a Joy News hotline documentary, Left Behind.
The documentary highlighted the plight of pregnant women in the village.
With financial support from a WhatsApp group called Paddies, a lecturer at the Ho technical university Dr Devine Novieto is confident, the centre will soon be completed and handed over to the community.
Watch the video report as pregnant women there are competing to be first to deliver at the centre.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs