Over 1000 people with disabilities have been presented startup kits and items by the District Chief Executive for Ketu North District, Anthony Avorgbedor.
Persons with disabilities have 3% of District Assembly Common Funds meant for their upkeep.
The fund, which was previously given in cash, is now used to buy items for them in a bid to improve them economically.
Presenting the items, Anthony Avorgbedor promised government's commitment at making sure that PWDs are given the needed attention.
He said the government is committed to help them gain some financial freedom.
He appealed to the public to also support the PWDs.
Mr Avorgbedor said building capacities and empowering PWDs remains one of the government's major priorities.
According to him, the assembly, which represents the government in the district, will continue to support PWDs with training and working tools to empower them financially.
One of the beneficiaries who spoke on behalf of his colleagues was grateful for the kind gesture towards then and asked that more is done for the people of disabilities.
He commended the DCE for the area for his deep love towards persons with disability in the Ketu North District.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye
- Probe Suale’s death - US Embassy
- Water insecurity across the world on increasing – USAID
- Harvesting rainwater best method to ensure water availability for all – Entrepreneur