Over 1000 people with disabilities have been presented startup kits and items by the District Chief Executive for Ketu North District, Anthony Avorgbedor.
Persons with disabilities have 3% of District Assembly Common Funds meant for their upkeep.
The fund, which was previously given in cash, is now used to buy items for them in a bid to improve them economically.
Presenting the items, Anthony Avorgbedor promised government's commitment at making sure that PWDs are given the needed attention.
He said the government is committed to help them gain some financial freedom.
He appealed to the public to also support the PWDs.
Mr Avorgbedor said building capacities and empowering PWDs remains one of the government's major priorities.
According to him, the assembly, which represents the government in the district, will continue to support PWDs with training and working tools to empower them financially.
One of the beneficiaries who spoke on behalf of his colleagues was grateful for the kind gesture towards then and asked that more is done for the people of disabilities.
He commended the DCE for the area for his deep love towards persons with disability in the Ketu North District.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now