The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) says notices on social media and other online platforms about recruitment into the force are scams.
A release signed by GAF Director of Public Relations, Colonel E Aggrey-Quarshie, indicates that some unsuspecting Ghanaians have been defrauded by these social media recruitment scams.
“These fraudsters are using images of senior military personnel as sponsors of the fraudulent deals to defraud unsuspecting individuals who have interest of being recruited or enlisted. The GAF wishes to caution the general public that it does NOT use social media platforms for recruitment/enlistment purposes.
“All prospective applicants are, therefore, notified that all GAF recruitment and enlistment advertisements are done through the Daily Graphic and The Ghanaian Times,” the release said.
The GAF said in the release that it does not recruit or enlist through agents or intermediaries.
“There is, therefore, no requirement for the payment of money to any person or group of people. The public is advised to report individuals, including soldiers who claim to be selling forms or have the ability to recruit to the nearest police station or military installation.
“We wish to assure the general public that anytime recruitment and enlistment into GAF is due. it will be published in the National Dailies: The Ghanaian Times, the Daily Graphic and GAF website,” the GAF stated.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Inclusion of women in pivotal roles necessary for dev't - Samira Bawumia
- Multimedia Group Limited terminates partnership with ZenoRadio/Media
- K. K. Sarpong does not benefit from or own Fueltrade
- ‘Double track is on track,’ gov’t rips GNECC claims
- Indian man kidnapped for $500,000 ransom found
- Takoradi baby thief jailed 5 yrs
- 'Wanted' Pro-NDC Hawk member stabbed
- Ghana among highest malaria-endemic countries in sub-Saharan Africa — WHO 2018 Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, April 26, 2018
- Education directors ordered to declare teacher vacancies
- 100-year-old shipwreck remains wash up on North Carolina coast
- Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General