A restaurant in the Italian town of Castelfranco Veneto has come up with an ingenious way to get a leg up on the competition – treating guests to a unique dish called “fried air”.
Nicola Dinato, the head chef at Feva Restaurant wanted to capture the essence of being outdoors and breathing fresh air in an dish aptly called “aria fritta” or “fried air”.
The name is a tad misleading, as the crispy treats are actually made of tapioca skin that’s first baked and then deep fried.
However, there’s some air involved in the cooking process as well, or at least a component of it – ozone.
After the tapioca skin is baked and fried, it is infused with ozone for 10 minutes, which gives the treats a special perfume.
After the special infusion, the crispy fried air is placed on a bed of cotton candy, which Dinato hopes will remind patrons of clouds.
Fried air has been making headlines online for over a month now, mostly because Feva Restaurant allegedly charges $30 per serving.
However, according to an employee of the restaurant who commented on an article about the dish, wrote that fried air is actually offered for free to all guests, as a welcome. He also called it a “provocation to frivolity”.
“I always serve it as an appetizer to remind my clients that they always have to try and fill their life with real experiences,” chef Dinato told Tribuna di Treviso.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo’s directive on party militia commendable – NCCE
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- Ghana's Martha Pobee to review UN resource mobilisation policy
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019