Former Dean of the Southampton Business School, Prof. Tom Thomas, has been appointed as the new Dean of the Accra Business School.
Tom Thomas has significant academic and management experience in higher education and the professional education sector.
As Dean of Southampton Business School, he managed a faculty of over 300 staff (3-4,000 students) and gained specific experience in areas such as governance, risk management and equal opportunities.
Following this role, he was appointed as Chief Executive for the Institute of Commercial Management – a large professional examination board.
Tom founded a new awarding body (BMEC- Business Management Education Centre) offering vocational undergraduate and postgraduate programmes around the world. He is currently chairman of this awarding body.
He has over 50 publications in areas such as information technology, business analysis and education. Tom has a lifelong commitment to education and he believes that fairness, respect and compassion are important traits in his dealings with others.
About the Accra Busines School
Accra Business School is a prestigious Christian Business School accredited to offer globally recognized postgraduate, undergraduate and professional programmes in a Christ-centred scholarly environment that integrates faith and learning.
The School is an affiliate of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Kumasi, Ghana, Australian Institute of Business (AIB) Adelaide, Australia and the Awards for Training and Higher Education, Norwich, UK.
Formerly known as Graduate School of Governance and Leadership (GSGL), Accra Business School’s Alumni are accomplished men and women from varied backgrounds, including political, business, traditional and religious leaders. A few are listed here.
* Ayi Koi Otoo, former Attorney General, Ghana.
* Ofosu-Ampofo, former Minister of Local Government, Ghana.
* Dzifa Attivor, former Minister of Transport, Ghana.
* Major Rtd. Derick Oduro, Deputy Minister of Defence, Ghana.
* Randy Abbey, Public Figure and PR Consultant.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 27, 2019
- 75-year-old widow borrowed from savings and loans firm to build toilet
- Parents name son ‘Google’ hoping it will give him a leg up in life
- Data Protection Commission to probe EC's sale of voters’ information
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General