The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results for the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The Council, in a statement, said it will soon dispatch the results to the various schools and candidates can contact the heads of their schools for their results.
However, the entire results of 48,855 candidates have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into various cases of examination malpractices detected during and after the conduct of the examination.
These misconducts include sending foreign materials such as prepared notes, printed materials and mobile phones to the examination hall.
Others are collusion among candidates and planned cheating which occurred with the connivance of some supervisors and school authorities.
The 2019 figure represents an increase from last year where 26,434 results were withheld.
Below is a copy of the full statement:
More News Headlines
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid