Ghana’s journey towards Sustainable Development Goal 6.2 (SDG 6.2) gets massive student as students of Crown Prince Academy in Accra lead the sanitation campaign.
The students in a play demonstrated their resolve to contribute their quota to help government tackle head-on the country’s poor state of sanitation.
The move is part of their corporate social responsibility to ensure general attitudinal change for a healthy living.
At the 16th graduation ceremony of the school on the theme: ‘We are counting on you’, the students underscored the need for all stakeholders, corporate organizations, religious bodies, civil societies, NGOs, individuals and the general public to preach the Gospel of good environmental practices.
Guest speaker, Kobina Ansah who is a playwright urged students to remain focused and see themselves as icons imbued with qualities and abilities to accomplish their aspirations in life.
Prizes and certificates were presented to pupils and students who excelled in the examinations while teachers and non-teaching staff were honoured for their dedication and meritorious service to the school.
In all, 57 students who recently sat the Basic Education Certificate Examinations (BECE) were graduated. Those who excelled in various disciplines while in school were awarded.
Managing Director of Crown Prince Academy, Mrs. Susanne Prince-Boateng, charged the graduands to make great impact as thinkers and innovators who are capable of fashioning out how to make Ghana proud.
“Be yourself; don’t try to be somebody else. Follow your dreams and never compromise on your integrity” she added.
Mrs. Susanne Prince-Boateng urged them to make good use of their time until they gain admission into Senior High School (SHS)
For her part, headmistress of the school, Belief N. Amponi-Kagson urged the graduates to protect and uphold the image of the school wherever they find themselves.
She urged the students to be humble, take their studies seriously and pursue their dreams and interests.
On the School’s achievements, Master Henry Danso Yeboah won the Toyota Ghana Ltd held its annual Toyota Ghana Dream Car competition. Others who participated in other competitions also excelled.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat
- Key member of Yaa Ansaa Family fighting Akwamuhene installation pledges support
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks