The Police are investigating circumstances leading to the death of a 7-year-old boy at Katamanso Promise, a suburb of Greater Accra region.
Commander in charge at the Zenu-Atadeka District Police, DSP Abdulai Mumuni, told Joy News although they suspect Sadik Ahmadu might have drowned, they find it strange that no water could be extracted from his belly after he was retrieved.
However, family members suspect Ahmadu was murdered.
Mother of the deceased, Vivian Yeboah, said Sadik was found in storm drain Monday morning after he went missing Sunday evening while on his way to the barbering shop.
His body is currently at the Tema General Hospital for autopsy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges