In honour of stage and film legend Olu Jacobs’ 80th birthday, the President of Nigeria, Major General Muhammadu Buhari joined Nollywood actors from both Nigeria and overseas to celebrate the thespian.
President Buhari joined Nollywood in congratulating Olu Jacobs on turning 80 in a statement released on Sunday and signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity.
The statement read “The President felicitates with the Jacobs’ family, including the wife, also a renowned thespian, Joke Silva, and their friends on the auspicious occasion, which calls for thanksgiving for God’s care, guidance and protection.”
It continued, “President Buhari affirms the influence of the veteran actor on the film industry, setting a standard of professionalism that has attracted global recognition and awards, like the Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on him in 2016 by African Movie Academy Awards.”
As the actor approaches 80, the President remarked on Jacob’s brilliant capacity to transform characters, demystify complex issues, and make messages understandable to both young and old, breaking down barriers of culture, ethnicity, and religion to become a household name throughout the nation and beyond.
President Buhari feels Olu Jacobs’ inherent inclination to advise, inspire, and instruct readily gained him the roles, while complimenting his vision in luring people into the industry and assisting them in becoming celebrities. Olu Jacobs is largely characterised as a father and voice of wisdom in most movies.
In order to better serve the arts, God, and humanity, the President prayed to the Almighty God for improved health, a longer life, and steadfastness.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Livestream: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party