The incumbent Northern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has been re-elected to serve another four-year term.
He received 238 votes out of the total 361 votes to beat his main challenger, Alhaji Amadu Inusah, who polled 122 votes during the NPP Regional Executives elections held in Tamale on Friday.
Mr Ibrahim Mahama, who was the other contestant for the chairmanship position, got a single vote.
Iddrisu Sunday polled 256 votes to win the Regional First Vice-Chairperson position beating Samson Yajabun Janwol, Ibrahim Muaz, and Sulemana Isshaq who received 31 votes, 74 votes and two votes in that order.
Abdul Rahaman Salihu Mahama polled 299 votes to win the Regional Second Vice-Chairperson position beating Mohammed Ibrahim, who polled 62 votes.
Dr Hudu Zakaria caused an upset when he polled 198 votes to win the Regional Secretary position defeating three other contestants including Abukari Iddrisu, who polled 102 votes, Mutawakilu Musah, who got 19 votes, and Sibdow Alhassan Yakubu, the incumbent, who managed a paltry 39 votes.
Aniwaba Kwaku Bediako Jeremiah polled 258 votes to win the Regional Assistant Secretary position defeating Kumbung Omega, Abu Latif, and Kaleem Ibrahim, who received 35 votes, 17 votes and 52 votes in that order.
It was an easy win for Salifu Rashid, who retained the Regional Organiser position with 333 votes as against 30 votes secured by his challenger, Mensah Benjamin.
Mohammed Alhassan, Yussif Toyibu and Rahana Aziz retained their Regional Youth Organizer, Treasurer and Women Organizer positions in that order, while Abdul Fatawu Adam Danjega won the Nasara Coordinator position.
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
IMF bailout: Finance Minister must take a step back – Political analyst
Ghanaians mob IMF on Facebook to campaign against Akufo-Addo’s bailout request
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Playback: The Law discussed justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II