After nearly 24 hours of a highly contested election involving over 6000 delegates and 45 aspirants from the New Patriotic Party, the NPP has finally elected its new national executives.
The following executives will steer the affairs of the party for the next four years in their quest to ‘break the 8’.
Mr. Stephen Ntim- National Chairman, Vice Chairman- Danquah Smith Buttey, Rita Asobayire- 2nd Vice Chairman, Alhaji Masawuud – 3rd Vice Chairman, Mr. Justin Frimpong Koduah- General Secretary, Henry Nana Boakye- National Organiser, Kate Gyamfua-National Women Organiser, National Nasara Coordinator- Abdul Aziz Haruna Futah, National Youth Organiser-Salam Mohammed Mustafa and Treasurer – Dr Charles Dwamena.
Here is a graphical representation of some key positions contested and their outcome.
National Youth Organiser
National Women’s Organiser
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara