The French Ambassador to Ghana, Anne Sophie Avé, has said only fully vaccinated Ghanaians can travel to France without providing a PCR test.
They would also not be quarantine once they have been vaccinated, she said.
Speaking to Joy Business’ Market Place, the French Ambassador explained that travellers who are not fully vaccinated or without any vaccination would have to produce a PCR test and a compelling reason to travel to France.
“If you are fully vaccinated, and you have a card with a QR Code, then you can travel to France with just a visa and this card. If you are not fully vaccinated, you still need to present a compelling reason to travel, and a PCR test of fewer than 32 hours. Rules are regularly changing,” she stated.
Meanwhile, as France welcomes travellers, Ghana’s embassy is battling a scourge of Shenzhen visa fraudsters exploiting desperate and gullible travellers, thanks to vaccine rollouts.
The French Ambassador sounded this caution to travellers – stating the only way to apply for a visa is via the embassy’s online portal.
“The fraud cases we have are false documents, often provided by agencies who charge travellers. The second cases are false visas, completely fake visas. Such persons get arrested at the airport.
“Because it’s a Schengen visa connected to 26 countries, so once rejected, you will get rejected across all countries. Applicants must rather visit our website: https://france-visas.gouv,” the first female French Ambassador to Ghana disclosed.
The Fontainebleau-native makes a conscious effort to showcase the French-Ghana relations through her much-watched television series – “Touch of France.”
Under her tenure, Anne Sophie Ave, incepted the first-ever French National Order of Merit for well-deserving Ghanaians and corporate organizations.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s golden gambit on Oil
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- We’ll oppose removal of e-Levy threshold – Minority
- Kanye West to pay Kim Kardashian $200,000 per month in child support as divorce settlement
- Qatar 2022: Lawrence Ati Zigi is having a great World Cup – Otto Addo
- Jiang Zemin: Former Chinese leader dies aged 96
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to 3 months in jail
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Focus on compliance, additional 2.5% VAT to impact cost of doing business – KPMG to government
- Davido son’s drowning: Could tragedy improve Nigeria’s safety for swimmers?
- PETROSOL Adjudged Energy Company of the Year
- Adopt consultative approach before implementing 2023 Budget – KPMG to government
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Bola Ray marks 25 years in media career, launches ‘project impact’ to mentor young people
- Kofi Jamar, Tulenkey set to perform at The Woods Bar & Grill today