Interim Black Stars head coach, Otto Addo could be in the dugouts when Ghana play at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
According to the former Black Stars player, he has been given the nod by Borussia Dortmund to continue his work as Ghana’s senior national team gaffer.
The general secretary of the Ghana Football Association, Prosper Harrison Addo confirmed last month that the FA are in discussion with the German club to see Addo maintain his job in the dugout.
In a recent interview, Addo, who works as part of Dortmund’s technical staff has confirmed he has been given permission to resume his role in Ghana’s national team.
“I got permission from Dortmund. Under certain conditions, it works out that I can do the international game phases in June, September and also the World Cup,” Addo told Hamburger Abdenblatt Podcast in an interview.
The 46-year-old was in charge when Ghana advanced past Nigeria in the qualifier playoff in March to secure a ticket to Qatar.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International