About 70 NPP MPs were in Parliament around 4am Friday, January 15, 2021 to secure seats ahead of the first sitting of the House at 10am.
This was to prevent members of the NDC from taking over the right-hand side of the Speaker as they did on the eve of January 7 before the inauguration of the 8th Parliament.
Clad in white, the then Minority had bussed themselves to the Chamber hours before sitting and taken the names of the NPP MPs off the desk.
The group had refused to move back to their seats, arguing that with the two caucuses each having 137 members, there was no longer a minority or majority side of the house.
But anticipating a similar strategy, members of the NPP, now clad in white trooped to the chamber six hours before the commencement of the House to claim the seats at the right-hand side of Speaker Alban Bagbin.
Some of the NPP MPs took to social media to share pictures of themselves in the chamber.
The legislators have also started trending as more pictures of them sleeping while they wait for the meeting are being shared.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
4 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,519
Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss