Former president John Dramani Mahama has described as false stories claiming he has made a decision on who will be his running mate for the 2020 presidential elections.
A statement from his Campaign Office and signed by the campaign spokesperson, James Agyenim-Boateng Wednesday asked the public to disregard the speculations.
“ Mr. Mahama is presently focused on both his NDC flagbearer campaign and his official duties, therefore, Ghanaians should disregard all such conjectures,” he said.
The former president who is actively campaigning for a comeback in 2020, was reported to be considering who to partner him for the 2020 election.
According to some reports, one of the favourites is Zanetor Rawlings, the legislator for Korle Klottey constituency and daughter of former president Jerry John Rawlings.
But Mr Agyenim-Boateng said “we wish to state that the reports are false” urging the public to disregard such reports.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC in fresh haggle with NPP over time, venue for militia meeting
- Militia meeting: NPP finally agrees to NDC's wider participation proposal
- Gov't firms up deals for Agric mechanization, Yendi Water Projects
- Step back from vigilante groups, Kofi Abotsi counsels NPP, NDC
- Long hours of parliamentary sittings health risk–Muntaka
- NDC disappointed Kwabena Adjei - Rawlings
- "It is misjudgment" - Minister-designate withdraws NDC Mahindra claims
- "The President must wake up!" – Baako fires
- Leaked NDC tape: Ampofo charges reduce, Gyamfi and Boahene added
- Violence not path for resolving conflict, Gov't to feuding Chereponi factions
- I’ll set up gold museum in Western Region – Tourism Minister-designate
- President assents to Civil Aviation Amendment Bill
- Militia confab: President’s response unfortunate - Sammy Gyamfi
- The Bible knows no biased prophet like Owusu Bempah – John Mahama
- New law on party militias sad, longer route to peace - NDC