Former president John Dramani Mahama has described as false stories claiming he has made a decision on who will be his running mate for the 2020 presidential elections.
A statement from his Campaign Office and signed by the campaign spokesperson, James Agyenim-Boateng Wednesday asked the public to disregard the speculations.
“ Mr. Mahama is presently focused on both his NDC flagbearer campaign and his official duties, therefore, Ghanaians should disregard all such conjectures,” he said.
The former president who is actively campaigning for a comeback in 2020, was reported to be considering who to partner him for the 2020 election.
According to some reports, one of the favourites is Zanetor Rawlings, the legislator for Korle Klottey constituency and daughter of former president Jerry John Rawlings.
But Mr Agyenim-Boateng said “we wish to state that the reports are false” urging the public to disregard such reports.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region
- Cocoa prices: COCOBOD debunks Mahama’s “false statements”
- EC affirms NPP aspirant to vie Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election
- PMMC boss, Opare Hammond has died
- EC clears NDC MP aspirant to contest for by-election