Upper West Regional Minister, Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih, has stated noted that the gains made by the new patriotic party in the 2016 was phenomenal and should not be allowed to retrogress in 2020.
According to him the dream of the forebearers of the Danquah-Busia-Dombo tradition, is for the Upper West Region to be an everlasting stronghold for the new patriotic party(NPP).
''I am committed to ensuring that the dream of S.D. Dombo, Jatoe Kaleo, Mumuni Dumbie, B.K Adama, Abayifaa Karbo, and Alhaji Alhassan Bin Salih, is realised in the region.
“We have an opportunity to ensure that the NPP becomes the majority party in the Upper West Region in the 2020 polls. All hands must, therefore, be on deck',' he stated.
Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih was speaking at the launch of the S.D Dombo Foundation for Development and Leadership Skills at Jirapa.
The regional launch is a sequel to the national event which took place last December.
He noted that through the efforts of the NPP, a solid foundation had been laid to recognise the immense contribution of Chief Dombo to the growth of the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition in particular and the country as a whole.
Dr Bin Salih who was the guest speaker said, Chief S.D Dombo could have been the leader of the United Party but he selflessly ceded it to Dr. Kofi Busia.
‘Let us embrace the fine qualities of selflessness, patriotism, courage, dedication, fearlessness, fairness and integrity, since these qualities made Chief S.D Dombo a national icon.
''Chief S.D Dombo was a real, nationalist and a patriotic and his legacies shall live for ever. He has a pride of place in the history of Ghana,” he concluded
Earlier, the chief of Duori, Naa Tikang Dombo eulogised Chief S.D Dombo for his selfless contribution to the people.
He thanked president Akufo-Addo for the support given to the foundation since its establishment.
Chief of Duori and son of S.D Dombo, Naa Tikang Sylvester Dombo
Naa Tikang Sylvester Dombo who is also a son of the late Dombo, however, appealed to the president to redevelop the Duori Dam in line with the NPP policy of one district one dam and renovate and upgrade of the Duori health center into a polyclinic
A book authored by Anane Adjie and Gabriel Benarko and titled ‘S.D Dombo, a biography of an iconic Ghanaian statesman’, was later launched by the Upper West Regional Minister.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat