Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has assured the new Yagbonwura of the Gonja State of government’s utmost cooperation as he seeks to develop the Kingdom, stressing that the enemy of the people is poverty and that peace is a prerequisite in our collective quest for development in the kingdom and beyond.
The Vice President made the comment on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 during the outdooring of the newly enskinned Overlord of the Gonja Kingdom, Bii-Kunuto Jawu Soale at the Jakpa Palace in Damongo.
“I want to assure him (the Yagbonwura) that the government will give him the utmost cooperation in fulfilling his vision for the development of the Yagbon State…We should always remember that our enemy is poverty and we should make sure that we come together to have development, development we cannot have without peace. And therefore we need to hold peace as a very high level objective and work towards getting peace among ourselves,” he noted.
The new Yagbonwura, Bii-Kunuto Jawu Soale was chosen by kingmakers in a most peaceful and orderly manner, which has won the hearts of many across the country. He was enskinned yesterday at Nyange in keeping with the customs and traditions of the Gonja people.
Many other dignitaries including former President John Mahama and were in attendance.
A fortnight ago, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia stated that the Gonja chieftaincy succession model is an efficient one that is worthy of emulation.
He made this known at the 12th day Adua of the late Overlord of the Gonja Kingdom, Yagbonwura Tuntumba Boresa where he also made a cash donation.
The late Overlord of the Gonja People died on Sunday, 5th February 2023, after being on the skin since March 2010.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah
- Assin North by-election: NDC will not win with sympathy votes – Nana Boakye
- British Airways fined $1.1m by US government
- Ama Ata Aidoo made tremendous contributions to Ghana, Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
- Forgive me if I’ve misled you – Akuapem Poloo apologises to fans
- Bonn Climate Change Conference to set stage for course correction at COP28
- Those who don’t vote are the ones saying I don’t stand a chance – Kwadwo Poku
- KNUST tops Times Higher Education Impact Ranking for quality education
- NPP Flagbearership Race: It’s too early to start talks of having a consensus candidate – Kwadwo Poku
- Accident at Nyinahin leaves 15 people in critical condition
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Don’t Die Fixing It