President Akufo-Addo has cut the sod for construction works to begin on the much anticipated Suame Interchange project in Kumasi.
The 4-tier interchange project, to be constructed in two phases within 30-months, will include five overpasses at Krofrom, Abrepo, Anomanye and Magazine New Road as well as Abusuakruwa Junctions.
It will also result in the widening of sections of the Kumasi ring road and the Offinso road into 3-lane dual carriage way whilst additional 15 kilometer stretch of local roads would be developed.
The project has suffered several setbacks after it appeared in the national budget thrice.
Nonetheless, residents of Kumasi especially, those in Suame can now heave a sigh of relief as President Akufo-Addo, has been joined by the Roads and Highways Minister, Akwasi Amoako Atta, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and Majority Leader who doubles as Member of Parliament for Suame, ministers of state and traditional leaders to break ground for the project.
The Municipal Chief Executive for the area, Maxwell Ofosu Boakye tells JoyNews that the project has come as a relief to him and the people he represents.
“The wait is over; the much anticipated interchange is here and I am elated as MCE. I am very, very happy,” he said.
“The entire region has been anticipating and waiting for this project for about 3-years now.
It featured in our budget for three consecutive times and the good thing is that this project has a period of 30-months to complete, and it’s a project that has it’s source of funding and everything intact,” he said.
He is convinced the project will not suffer delays since all the necessary arrangements have been made for its smooth running.
According to him, the contractor has no excuse to delay the project.
“It isn’t that we are now going to source for funding. The funding is sitting in an account in Ghana as I speak. So, the contractor has no reason to delay.”
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents