Private legal practitioner, Theophilus Tawiah from Prestea Huni Valley has suspended his campaign to contest for the constituency’s parliamentary seat.
According to a press release by the aspirant, he was consulted by members of the the party’s leadership, including National Chairman Freddie Blay, after which he decided to withdraw from the race.
“I have decided to step down as NPP parliamentary aspirant for Prestea Huni Valley constituency,” the statement said.
He was the only aspirant competing against the current MP, Barbara Oteng Gyasi, who is also the Minister for Tourism.
Read the press release below.
6 March, 2020
SUSPENSION OF PARLIAMENTARY PRIMARIES CAMPAIGN FOR PRESTEA HUNI VALLEY CONSTITUENCY.
Following meetings with Leadership of our party including Chairman Freddie Blay, I have decided to step down as NPP parliamentary aspirant for Prestea Huni Valley Constituency.
Consequently, I have decided to suspend my parliamentary campaign for now to allow the sitting MP, Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi to represent Prestea Huni Valley as the NPP parliamentary candidate for the December 2020 elections.
I have spoken to Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi this morning and extended my congratulatory message to her. I have pledged my support for her.
In the interest of party unity and cohesion, I urge all my supporters and the Prestea Huni Valley to remain calm and avoid act(s) that may disturb the peace we enjoy.
I entreat my supporters to go all out to massively campaign for His Excellency the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi to win in the December 2020 elections.
Theophilus Tawiah, Esq
NPP Parliamentary Aspirant.
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting, Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Uber, Bolt, Yango drivers in Kumasi suspend services over life-threatening incidents
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- Social media users list Top 5 Ghanaian players
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
Fela Kuti misses out on 2021 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction
Tina Turner and Jay-Z among 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
TVET must be a national agenda – Dr Turkson
Chief of Staff urges public institution PROs to dominate public information discourse
FDA trains 91 herbalists in Ahafo Region
Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
Wesley Girls: We are resolving ‘No Fasting’ issue – Peace Council
NSMQ 2021: Assin State beats Ghana National College to win last Central Regional Championship slot
Mercury can cause defects in babies – Dr Fameye
Bono Minister implores contractor to speed-up Sunyani town roads project
We are under-resourced – RTI Commission
Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
#FixTheCountry: Politicians in public office should be ready to forgo all luxury – Afenyo-Markin
Idris Elba to host second Africa Day concert