The Registrar General’s Department (RGD) has disclosed plans to establish the Office of the Registrar of Companies (ORC), specially dedicated to handling all business registration processes.
The establishment of the ORC is in accordance with provisions made by the new Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992).
Speaking to Joy Business, the Registrar-General, Jemima Oware said that the ORC will be autonomous; a separate entity from the Registrar-General’s Department.
According to the Registrar General, the ORC will ensure a more efficient registration process and will regulate all types of business entities such as Companies, Incorporated Private Partnerships, Business names and all other business registration related areas.
She further explained the ORC will help promote a healthy business environment for economic growth by enhancing the ease of doing business, ensuring transparency and strengthening corporate governance.
Mrs Oware revealed the ORC headquarters, under the leadership of an eleven-member board of directors will be completed by August 2021.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?