MP for North Tongu, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has revealed that the salaries of presidential staffers shot up from GH¢136.2m in 2020 to GH¢823.8m in 2021.
He attributed the increase to the creation of “amorphous positions” at the Office of Government Machinery.
In a post on Facebook, he claimed that, “It is significant to observe from the 2021 Budget Statement — the year most of these amorphous positions were created at the Office of Government Machinery, that their Wages and Salaries shot up astronomically to GH¢823.8million from just GH¢136.2million in 2020 (an increment by a staggering 508.4%).
“Compared with that of the entire Parliamentary Service (including non-parliamentarians), GH¢201.1million was budgeted in 2021 from GH¢140.4million in 2020 (representing an increase of 43.2%). Placed in perspective, the OGM salary increase by an additional GH¢687.6million in one year (508.4%) is more than the GH¢672million needed to pay NABCo workers for an entire year (see page 241 of 2021 Budget),” he said.
Mr. Ablakwa said this notwithstanding, NABCo workers remain unpaid for 7 months.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara