Hearts of Oak have appointed Samuel Boadu as their new head coach after parting ways with Serbian Kosta Papic last month.
The former Medeama SC coach signed a three and half year deal with the Phobians and will reportedly pocket $2,500 as monthly salary.
It is also reported that he received GHS 70,000 as enticement fee in a bid to woo him from Medeama, a club he twice came close to winning the league with.
Boadu comes in to replace interim coach Samuel Nii Noi who stepped up to coach the side after the resignation of Kosta Papic.
Nii Noi picked up two wins and a draw in his three games in charge laying a good foundation for Boadu to impose himself unto the team.
The immediate task for the new coach is to close the four point gap between the Accra-based club and table toppers Karela United.
It’s been more than 11 years since Hearts last won the league and Boadu will be hoping he can end that drought.
The new coach has in his ranks newly signed Salifu Ibrahim who has won the most Man of the Match awards in the league this season.
Up next for Boadu and Hearts is a tricky home tie against ninth placed WAFA.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo