Rapper Sarkodie has served some tricks he says rappers can use to develop their rap flow and genuineness when it comes to their music craft.
In his latest interview on Hitz FM, where he addressed critics on his recent feature on Bob Marley’s Stir It Up song, the musician said every rapper should be able to relate to a wide variety of issues of others.
According to him, he tries to be realistic by using the real-life stories of those around him to do music because, “if it were left to my life, it might be boring.”
Responding to Andy Dosty’s, Sarkodie said he had talked about many things in his songs that he was even yet to experience them.
“When I started talking about champagne, I had never tried it. When my ‘Borga Borga’ song came out, I had never travelled. As an artiste you have to be able to live other’s reality.
“Because if I am talking about me, it might be boring, but people are going through them. They are going through stuff that you can pick from. You are actually picking what you know is reality,” he said.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display