The Director-General of the National Lottery Authority (NLA), Samuel Awuku, has revealed that several people are currently on trial for various lottery frauds.
In an interview with Roselyn Felli on Monday, he stated that the NLA, together with the National Signals Bureau as well as the National Security, have mounted several operations across the country, which, according to him, have yielded results.
Mr. Awuku also indicated that his outfit is working with the National Communications Authority and the Cyber Security Authority to clamp down on miscreants within the lottery space.
“The sad aspect is that people keep getting defrauded by these scammers; they know no boundaries. The biggest tragedy is that even though I am the director, they were able to use my picture, add me to a WhatsApp platform and tell me they would give me a leaked number,” he said.
The Director-General of NLA said that the activities of fraudsters in the lottery space are worrying, adding that he has once fallen prey to their antics.
Mr. Awuku believes that the ongoing SIM card re-registration process, when completed, will reduce fraudulent activities in the gaming space.
He also added that the Lottery Authority publicly organises its outdraws to halt fraudsters duping unsuspecting players.
Meanwhile, the National Lottery Authority will, for the first time in its 60 years of existence, take the draw machine to the Central Regional capital, Cape Coast, for fans and players to witness a live draw.
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- MTN FA Cup: Kotoko versus Aduana clash headlines last 16 round
- CFAO Mobility expands its Mercedes-Benz distribution network in Africa
- DDEP: The picketing pensioners, their moods and messages
- Fiscal policy to remain constrained in Ghana due to elevated funding costs – Rand Merchant Bank
- Principle of Debt Exchange Programme wrong – Economist
- From Eric’s Diary: Using a tablet on an empty stomach in a desk less classroom
- Trapped quake victims send voice notes from the rubble
- STEM is a game changer to build the 21st century Ghanaian – Spokesperson, Education Ministry
- Turkey earthquake: Erdogan declares state of emergency
- Police Inspector interdicted for professional misconduct
- NDC will never forget Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka and Avedzi – Council of Elders
- Turkey earthquakes: As Christian Atsu is found, rescuers race to find Hatayspor sporting director
- Ecuador polls: Murdered candidate elected as mayor
- Debt Exchange: We are in this mess by not being proactive – Bokpin
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’