Late Reggae legend and Jamaican singer Bob Marley has been the talk on Twitter following a post on his social media handle to feature Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie.
Bob Marley and the Wailers released their hit song “Stir It Up” in 1978.
Though the reggae legend is late, Sarkodie has landed an international collaboration with the group to release a new version of the song.
In the group’s post on the micro-blogging site, they said “New version of Stir It Up coming Friday ft. Ghanaian artist Sarkodie”.
New version of “Stir It Up” coming FRIDAY ft. Ghanaian 🇬🇭 artist @Sarkodie!— Bob Marley (@bobmarley) January 18, 2023
📻 pre-save: https://t.co/ny1D3uTUHA
From #Sarkodie: “One of the highest moments in my career/Life… such a blessing to lay my vocals right next to the original vocals of the legend.”
🎨 @dianaejaita pic.twitter.com/Eaj4yaSqZE
The song will be released on Friday, January 20, 2023.
Prior to the announcement, the Ghanaian rapper responded with a heart of gratitude to be a part of the new musical version.
“Finally, we get to share with the world. Definitely, my biggest highlight in my music journey. Big honour. Friday we enjoy this, more stories to share.
Sarkodie said it is a blessing to lay his vocals next to the original song of the reggae legend.
“One of the highest moments in my career/life. Such a blessing to lay my vocals right next to the original vocals of the legend”, he said.
Finally we get to share with the world !!! Definitely my biggest highlight in my music journey 🙏🏿 big honor.. Friday we enjoy this ! More stories to share ✌🏾 https://t.co/WKJ97ghF2V— Sarkodie (@sarkodie) January 18, 2023
Social media users have since praised Sarkodie for his impressive verse on the song.
Others have also commended him for landing a great collaboration with one of the greatest music legends in history.
No disrespect but BOB MARLEY is definitely bigger than JAY Z .— IN THE BOOTH 🎤 (@djsliming) January 18, 2023
Big ups KING SARK .. this is HUUUUGGGEEEE 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/6jXsk1H5ZE
Sarkodie ‘s verse on the bob marley feature.— McMaster 🇬🇭🇬🇧 (@iam__kwame) January 19, 2023
I knew he was gonna murder it 🔥🔥🔥🔥pic.twitter.com/RnUf5IFabD
From now till this man @sarkodie retires ,I crown him the GOATED we have ever had in the music scene 😱😱😱— SarkCess Bhim (@SarkCessBhim) January 18, 2023
Bob Marley will be smiling now🔥
Listen to the rap.Did he even breathe
He changed the song completely
Biggest record ever
Landlord/Blacksherif/Jay Z/Zenith bank/Sarkodie pic.twitter.com/DIEiqzNLUn
So Sarkodie gave us the hint here ohhhh okay “Rap Bob Marley”— MEDIKAL🥷🏻🍥 (@AmgMedikall) January 18, 2023
Obidi Landlord🙌 pic.twitter.com/IhUxdUpDQq
Naa sarkodie is a Indeed the landlord listen to his verse on Stir me ft Bob Marley and tell me who your GOAT is 🥺🥵🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/J1KbmgjZfX— Sarkcess (@SARK_PROMO) January 18, 2023
Ghanaian recording artiste @sarkodie is on a timeless joint with World Maestro @bobmarley and The Wailers dubbed’STIR IT UP’. Big one for Africa— odiowav (@odiowav) January 19, 2023
• #OdiowavNews #entertainment #news #bobmarley #reggaemusic Bob Marley • Sarkodie pic.twitter.com/88zj0798VZ
Others are saying Sarkodie paid to be featured 😹 never knew he was that rich to pay Bob Marley and The Wailers and labels to be featured on a song not owned by him. People can be really dumb uno. pic.twitter.com/Dv2WmRHxZp— ThE_ViLlIaN_i_AlWaYs_Am! 🕗 (@No1Stan_) January 19, 2023
Congratulations to the Landlord, the incredible @sarkodie on this huge milestone on being featured on the legendary and world icon, late Bob Marley and the Wailers hit “Stir it up”.— ZEAL AFRICA (@zeal_africa) January 18, 2023
I sure say Bob Marley sef go bore en Catfish account holder, your man spoil the song charle pic.twitter.com/WUOnIlcC71— RP JAY WAP 🦅❤️✊🏾 (@jayden_wap) January 18, 2023
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Qualification to 2023 World Athletics Championships is a huge relief- Deborah Acquah
- GRA arrests 3 managers of Melcom shop for not issuing electronic VAT invoices
- TiTi Owusu returns with new single, ‘Odo Ntia’
- GNAT donates canoe to Lawoshime and Wenyagor basic schools
- Obaapa Christy mourns with gospel singer who lost brother to alleged police brutality
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians