Social media users are still not over how notorious illegal mining poster girl, Aisha Huang, found her way back into Ghana.
The ‘galamsey’ kingpin stoked controversy when she was arrested back in 2017 for engaging in the unlawful activity.
The 47-year-old Chinese national was in 2019 deported by government, a move which triggered questions about Ghana’s commitment to eradicating the menace.
But the announcement of her re-arrest within the country’s borders has resurrected this concern.
Aisha and her three accomplices were, on September 2, charged with engaging in the sale and purchase of minerals without a license.
However, she was recently remanded in custody by an Accra Circuit Court to reappear on September 14.
While the issue unfolds, Ghanaians on social media are having their say as fresh details reveal she acquired a Ghana Card in February this year.
Find more reactions below:
So Aisha Huang, managed to re-enter Ghana unscathed ?— Felix Kwakye Ofosu (@FelixKwakyeOfo1) September 5, 2022
What a terrible government we have!
Aisha Huang wants to Hang! we for help her achieve her dream cos eii the audacity is too audacious!#galamseyqueen— Shamima Muslim (@shamimamuslim) September 6, 2022
Akufo-Addo must resign if he can’t fire anyone for this Aisha Huang embarrassment. The sh*t is now beyond the ceiling.— Manasseh Azure Awuni (@Manasseh_Azure) September 6, 2022
I’m not proud to ba Ghanaian today.— Apii _ Tor (@chairmanapii) September 6, 2022
How can Aisha Huang re-emerge in this country after she was deported in 2018.
In this time when terrorism is at its peak in our sub region.
Our borders are week.
Aisha Huang get GHANA CARD but a lot of Ghanaians are struggling to get one themselves smh— The_Akyem_Prince👑 (@MacGyamfi) September 6, 2022
Ghanaians get 10-15 yrs in jail for Galamsey.. watch and see if they will give Aisha Huang even a year in prison ! Like the way the Chinese government go hold dema neck for loan repayment yeah ?! pic.twitter.com/i34CreDg1w— RAYOE’s Extra video is out Now❤️🔥💯 (@GhanaSocialU) September 6, 2022
Dr. Bawumia’s digitalisation couldn’t expose Aisha Huang, she had a smooth process and no one caught her. Another scam exposed Bawumia is a failed vice president.— Kweku Bentil (@fanti_boy) September 6, 2022
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa
- Ghana’s economic difficulties have forced me to eat more ‘gari and beans’ – Fameye