President Akufo-Addo will be addressing the nation this evening at 8.00pm.
His address is expected to announce measures by government to resolve the economic challenges facing Ghanaians.
The President put out this announcement on his Facebook page on Thursday.
The address by the President comes in the wake of recent public agitations about the ailing state of the economy.
At the moment, Ghana’s economy is reeling under pressure; a situation which has led to an increase in the cost of living as well as what some have described as a ‘galloping inflation’.
The country’s local currency is also battling a fluctuation against the US dollar and other major trading currencies across the globe.
The address will be telecast on “GTV and on major television networks across the country”, the post said.
However, ahead of the address, some Ghanaians have laid before the President some expectations.
Among others, the President has been urged to be conciliatory as well as transparent about the current state of the economy in his address.
He is also being advised to cut back on spending and ensure that government ministers travel on economy class tickets for the next three years that the country will be under IMF supervision, and that the President refrain from using private aircraft for foreign trips.
Meanwhile, social media users have reacted in equal measure to the President’s post.
Below are some reactions:
Those sitting at the bench who couldn’t even Fight Cholera thinks they can lead again, Liz Truss thought it was Easy but realized Boris was doing magic and had to resign, you’ve proven to be a leader, who never abandons his subjects in times of hardship. God bless you Sir— Gen. Buhari (@Gen_Buhari_) October 27, 2022
You’ve proven to be a leader we can count on, despite the economic hardship due to the Global Crisis, our country is still doing fantastic in Infrastructural developmental sector, God bless you Addo D.— Gen. Buhari (@Gen_Buhari_) October 27, 2022
Of what relevance will this address bring to us. Your response is what u gave to us during your tour in kumasi. You are an unmitigated disaster who behaves like a baby in pampers. The only thing is for you to announce your resignation— NanaYaa Prempeh (@PrempehNanayaa) October 27, 2022
I will be watching kantata. It’s not about flowery words. After 6 years, your result is clear. Fall down fraaaattt. your own MPs don’t trust your judgment. The man u call excellent, they say he is a failure. And u want me to listen to you? I will watch Elizabeth funeral again. pic.twitter.com/YeCIcH6oWy— pee. (@kwanpaeco) October 27, 2022
Read Revelation 6:6 to understand what is happening in the world. I strongly believe, that Nana Addo and his team were chosen for governance by God’s sovereign for such a time like this to preserve us. We would be dead under NDC by now if they were at the helm of affairs.— Alex (@Alex38644729) October 27, 2022
The greatest president of my lifetime. So happy I witnessed your greatness. Thank you for giving me so much hope in a president. 👏✅💯👌🏻👏🏼✅💯👌🏻— Emmanuel Boadu (@EmmaBoadu09) October 27, 2022
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- GNAT donates canoe to Lawoshime and Wenyagor basic schools
- Obaapa Christy mourns with gospel singer who lost brother to alleged police brutality
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians
- 4 suspects in Haiti president’s killing sent to US
- Francis Addai Nimoh formally declares intention to contest for NPP flagbearership race
- Full text: NDC’s Moment Of Truth speech on Auditor-Generals Report on government’s Covid expenditures