Hearts of Oak assistant coach Henry Wellington has expressed concerns about the attitude of players with regards to the team’s pre-season training.
According to the Wellington, only four first-team players have been training at the Legon Ajax park.
The Phobians went on a six-week holiday, a day after the MTN FA CUP finals, and reconvened on Monday to begin preparations for the new season.
Wellington has been leading the session in the absence of head coach Frank Nuttal, who is on holidays in his native country, Scotland, and expected in Ghana this weekend.
‘’So far just four players report for pre-season training. When they come they just jog and then go home". Wellington said on Asempa FM.
‘’It worries me that the players have refused to report for training because the same thing happened and it affected us negatively.’’
Reports suggested that players were refusing to show up due to unpaid salaries but Wellington confirmed the players were paid before pre-season commenced.
Hearts are scheduled to battle Kotoko in the return encounter of the Ghana at 60 Cup on the 24th December 2017 at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling