AshantiGold coach CK Akunnor is hopeful of turning the corner for the Obuasi side despite their abysmal first round.
The 2015 champions have already lost 9 games out of 14 and currently lie rock bottom with only two victories.
Their plight were further deepened with a humiliating 4-1 defeat away to Ebusua Dwarfs over the weekend.This defeat comes on the back of elimination from the MTN FA Cup by second tier side Asokwa Deportivo.
Manager Bashir Hayford left the team after a few rounds and his replacement Akonnor is yet to guide the team to victory.However, he is confident the team will come good in no time.
"It is a difficult situation and I see it as challenges and normal with our job as coaches, it shows how strong you are," he told Joy Sports
"I am very positive about that and what we need to do is work hard and that will involve management, technical team as well as the supporters."
Ashgold have 9 points from 14 matches.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves