The Black Princesses of Ghana have booked a place in the last round of the 2018 FIFA U20 World Cup qualifiers following their 5-1 victory over the Harambee Starlets of Kenya at the Nairobi City Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Olivia Anokye opened the scoring for Ghana in the first minute of the game with a superb strike.
A brace from Ampem Darkoa goal poacher Priscilla Aduabea ended the first half in a comfortable 3-0 victory in favour of coach Yusif Basigi's side.
The Black Princesses continued from where they left off to register another two goals before the Kenyans grabbed a consolation goal in the 80th minute of the game.
Ghana booked their place to the last round of the qualifiers on a 10-1 aggregate after whipping the Kenya U20 5-0 at the Cape Coast Sports Stadium two weeks ago.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Ghana will be making their sixth successive FIFA World Cup appearances should they beat Cameroon in the last round of qualifiers.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't