Multiple award-winning Ghanaian musician Samini Dagaati would be at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC), on Saturday, May 11, to perform at the 44th Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG) Awards Night.
The Afro-pop, Dancehall and Reggae artist joins a long list of elite performers, including Amakye Dede, Ramblers International Band, Kwabena Kwabena and many more to perform at the awards in line with SWAG tradition.
SWAG President Mr Kwabena Yeboah who is full of praise for Samini for his legendary status revealed that the decision sign high profile musician to grace the awards ceremony is based on providing quality entertainment for stakeholders and patrons of the SWAG Awards Night.
“Last year was awesome with Kwabena Kwabena's splendid performance and this year, patrons should expect an ecstatic showdown from the great Samini at the same venue.
The ‘My Own’ hit-maker who would rock the audience with great love tunes from his old and current albums has told www.swagghana.com how elated he is to be performing on the stage for the longest running awards event in Ghana. “I love and play sports, my performance on stage is sports and am happy to be contacted by sports legends to blend sports with entertainment. Its an honour to perform @ such a prestigious gathering to celebrate sports excellence, it will be massive & I promise nothing but the very best of me”.
Samini, who has had an illustrious music career spanning more than two decades, has been very vibrant in the music circles with back to back hits.
He is expected to thrill athletes, officials and administrators on the night to tunes from his hit songs such as ‘Where My Baby Dey’, ‘Master Key’, ‘Morning Dose’, ‘Rainbow’, Linda’, among others.
His hard work and talent has won him many awards among which includes; MTV Africa Music Award for Best Live Act and Reggae Dancehall Song at last year's Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Over 30 sportsmen and women are expected to be decorated on the night for the outstanding performance in 2018.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Salah scores as Egypt move into last 16
- VIDEO: A look at Andre Ayew's record 9 Afcon goals for Ghana
- AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe held after two glaring Musona misses
- AFCON 2019: Omeruo header helps Nigeria qualify for last 16
- Riyad Mahrez, wife ordered to pay former nanny
- AFCON 2019: Amr Warda sent home by Egypt for disciplinary reasons
- Man Utd reach agreement with Palace for £50m Wan-Bissaka
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria players 'owed bonuses and allowances'
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts