Senegal and Algeria will lock horns at the 30 June Stadium on Thursday with a place in the round of 16 up for grabs.
The two teams made a winning start and a win for either side will send them through to the knockout stage.
Despite Sadio Mane’s absence, Senegal proved to be a tough side in their Group C opener against Tanzania as they served them with two goals.
For Algeria, Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez put up a man of the match performance as they saw off Kenya 2-0.
What is the kick-off time?
The match will start at exactly 17:00GMT
The two teams recent form
The Teranga Lions are on an eight-game unbeaten run and will seek to protect that record at all cost. They have also kept six clean sheets in those games.
Algeria is unbeaten as well in their last five games and have kept two clean sheets in those matches.
Team News: Who is available, injured or suspended?
There are no injury or suspensions concerns ahead of the game and Sadio Mane is expected to start to announce his presence in the AFCON with a solid performance.
Speaking to the media, the Champions League winner said the team is preparing well and they will do their best to win the game against ‘tough’ Algeria.
Riyad Mahrez and Ismael Bennacer are expected to feature after a classic performance in their last game.
Algeria coach, Djamel Belmadi, in a press conference sounded optimistic ahead of today’s game;
“The next game is going to be hard, we’ll face one of the favourites for Total AFCON2019 but we’ll do our best”
There are no reports of injury or suspension in the North Africa camp either.
Head to Head record
The two sides have met seven times in the African Cup of Nations and Senegal has never beaten Algeria in the competition. The Desert Foxes have defeated the Teranga Lions five times and drawn two times.
Potential starting XIs
SENEGAL: Gomis, Koulibaly, Wague, Kouyate, Sane, Ndiaye Gueye, Diatta, Balde, Konate, Sadio Mane
ALGERIA: M’Bolhi, Attal, Mandi, Benlamri, Bensebaini, Guedioura, Riyad Mahrez, Feghouli, Bennacer, Belaili, Bounedjah
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fan zones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal