Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Kofi Kodua Sarpong has been appointed to head a five-member committee to to manage the activities of the senior national team, Black Stars.
The former Kumasi Asante Kotoko Chairman will be assisted by Deputy Youth ans Sports Sports Minister, Perry Okudzeto, according to a statement signed by Spokesperson of the Normalisation Committee, Dan Kwaku Yeboah.
The committee will among other things, supervise the activities of the Black Stars, and collaborate with the technical team to facilitate all arrangements to ensure the team gets the best of preparations for the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
"This forms part of the N.C’s grand agenda to ensure Ghana’s successful participation at the tournament scheduled for later this year," the statement noted.
Other members of the committee are former Ghanaian footballer, Ibrahim Sunday, Mr. Francis Asenso-Boakye and Madam Abena Osei Asare.
In the aftermath of the Anas' exposé management committees of the various national teams were disbanded.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship