Officials of Fitcom, a Turkish giant kit manufacturers paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Youth and Sports, Isaac Asiamah on Wednesday.
The delegation led by Ghana Football Association’s presidential hopeful, Nana Yaw Amponsah, included Demirkaya Tunahan, General Manager of Fitcom and Ertemcoz Serdar, Fitcom Agent to Africa.
The visit precedes the signing ceremony and launch of kit sponsorship deal involving over 60 Ghanaian clubs brokered by Nana Amponsah, on Thursday, May 9, in Accra.
Hon Isaac Asiamah commanded Nana Amponsah, for brokering the kit sponsorship deal that, will see over 60 teams spread across Premier League, Division One and Female Premier sides kitted by Fitcom for the next four years.
The Minister said that “This is exactly what Ghana football needs to move it forward. These are some of the things needed to rebrand the game and push it to the next level.”
“Nana Yaw Amponsah has proven to be very progressive and we at the Ministry are excited about this deal and are happy for the clubs.”
“These are the things we need. Football is huge, the passion is there and it’s important to make and keep the attraction. This is very good.”
The Minister told the Fitcom officials that,
“There is a huge market in Africa and it will be great to consider making Ghana the hub for entering the continent.”
He encouraged Fitcom to establish an outlet in Ghana, and leverage on the opportunity to have good returns on their investment.
“Ghana is the most peaceful country on the sub-region and it’s the best place to begin the journey to entering Africa. All the countries surrounding us are equally passionate about football too”.
Nana Amponsah on his part said this was the beginning of his intentions to brand Ghana football, and propel it to an enviable pedestal among her peers across the continent and the globe.
“I’m very passionate about the prospect of putting Ghana football on the map and claiming our best share of the global cake through football business.”
Fitcom is Turkish kit outfit whose ultramodern facility manufactures for brands like Jako, Kappa, Ulmsport and for great teams in the German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Turkish Superliga.
Nearly all 62 clubs have received samples of the kit and will gather on Thursday to launch and sign their individual contracts.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football