Former Ghana international Sulley Muntari has asked to be included in Black Stars squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
This was revealed by GFA Normalisation Committee chairman Dr Kofi Amoah.
With the head coach, Kwesi Appiah set to name his provisional squad for the tournament in the coming weeks, Muntari is said to be ready to accept a call-up and wouldn’t mind playing a bit-part role in Egypt.
The 34-year-old has made just two appearances since joining Spanish second-tier side Albacete on loan in January.
“I had a call from Sulley Muntari and the way he was talking with passion I couldn't believe it,” Amoah said on Metro TV.
“He said if coach Kwesi Appiah will only play him for 15 minutes, he will be grateful and accept it.”
“This is a player who was clubless but now playing regularly but I think the final decision is in the hands of the coach,” he added.
Muntari, a one-time favourite of Ghanaians. has not featured for the national team since 2014 when he was sacked from the Black Stars camp during the Fifa World Cup in Brazil for indiscipline.
He has been capped 84 times by Ghana and scored 20 goals.
Ghana will play in Group F of the Afcon alongside Cameroon, Benin and Guinea-Bissau.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane