Chelsea edged into the semi-finals of the Europa League on Wednesday thanks to a nervy 4-3 win over Slavia Prague.
The Blues led 1-0 from the first leg last week and got off to the perfect start when Pedro finished off a glorious team move to open the scoring after just five minutes.
The Spaniard was then involved in doubling the lead when he missed from yards out, only to see his shot come back off the post and hit defender Simon Deli before nestling in the net.
Olivier Giroud completed a perfect opening period when he tapped in a third and even though Slavia’s returning captain Tomas Soucek headed in for the visitors Pedro made it four just a minute after that.
However after the break Chelsea fell to pieces as Petr Sevcik beat Kepa Arrizabalaga at his near post and then fired an unstoppable effort past the home keeper in a stunning salvo.
The visitors brought on former Blue Miroslav Stoch but they were unable to find any more goals and Chelsea progress despite conceding three goals at home for the first time in the Europa League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage