Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi suffered a ruptured achilles tendon in his side's 2-2 draw with Burnley on Monday and will miss the rest of the season.
The 18-year-old winger was taken off in the 41st minute as Chelsea moved into the top four in the Premier League.
"Really gutted to end my season with a ruptured Achilles, gotta work hard and try and come back stronger for next season!" he tweeted.
Hudson-Odoi played 24 times this term and made his England debut in March.
He will miss Chelsea's final three league games of the season, as they look to secure a Champions League spot by finishing in the top four, and the Europa League semi-final against Frankfurt, the first leg of which is on 2 May.
And he will be a serious doubt for England's Nations League semi-final against the Netherlands on 6 June.
He has been linked with a move away from Chelsea in the summer after limited appearances in the early part of the season.
But he has started four of Chelsea's past six games and boss Maurizio Sarri said last month he expects Hudson-Odoi to stay at the club.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage