Asante Kotoko say they have opened talks with Zesco United over the transfer of key players Songne Yacouba and Emmanuel Gyamfi.
The negotiations started on Monday with Zesco officials looking to wrap up the move for the duo, who contributed immensely to Kotoko’s success in Africa this season.
Kotoko reached the group stage of the Caf Confederation Cup for the first time in 11 years but failed to qualify from the group after failing to win their last game against the Zambian side. Yacouba was involved in six goals (1G, 5A) while Gyamfi scored three goals.
Kotoko defeated Zesco United 2-1 in Kumasi. Yacouba assisted all two goals - including Gyamfi's winner.
Unlike Gyamfi, Yacouba hasn’t played for the Porcupine Warriors since Kotoko exited the Confederation Cup, fuelling his imminent departure.
Yacouba, 27, has been Kotoko’s main man upfront since joining from Stade Malien in January 2018.
Gyamfi signed for Kotoko in 2016 from Wa All Stars.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries