Audio By Carbonatix
A student, Regan Kwesi Egbe Addo, also known as Morgan Addo, has appeared before the Dansoman Circuit Court for allegedly stealing a total of GH¢24,849 from two bank customers using ATM cards.
Addo has been charged with two counts of theft and pleaded not guilty to both charges.
In the first case, the prosecution told the court that on 17 September 2025, the accused allegedly posed as a staff member of GCB Bank at the Ministries ATM in Accra. He is said to have convinced one of the customers to accompany him to the Société Générale Ghana Bank branch at Premier Towers, where he allegedly stood close by as the customer entered their personal identification number (PIN).
The prosecution further alleged that Addo pretended to clean the ATM card chip, secretly swapped the card, and later withdrew GH¢14,949 from various locations in Accra, including the Kempinski Hotel and the Airport City Shell fuel station.
In the second case, Addo is accused of using a similar modus operandi on 23 December 2025 to withdraw GH¢9,900 from another GCB Bank customer, a staff member of the Ministry of Fisheries.
Leading the prosecution, Chief Inspector Christopher Wonder told the court that police relied on closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage obtained from GCB Bank to trace the accused’s movements and link him to the alleged offences. He also disclosed that Addo had previously been listed on a police wanted register for ATM card thefts within the Accra Central Division.
The court granted the accused bail and adjourned the case to 11 March 2026 for a case management conference. The prosecution was directed to file its witness statements and disclosures ahead of the next hearing.
Meanwhile, authorities have cautioned bank customers to remain vigilant and to promptly report any suspicious activity to prevent similar fraudulent incidents.
Latest Stories
-
Youth unemployment remains government’s biggest challenge — Asiedu Nketia
24 minutes -
Cost of borrowing projected to increase despite policy rate hold – banks
26 minutes -
Guardiola to leave Man City after 10 years as boss
30 minutes -
Carrick confirmed as Man Utd permanent manager
36 minutes -
Photos: Parliament reconvenes, opens second meeting of ninth parliament
36 minutes -
Aisha Bengai challenges young women to prioritise business investment over luxury spending
41 minutes -
AMA donates streetlights to improve security and trading conditions at Kantamanto Market
46 minutes -
Registrar of Companies set to delist 318 companies over compliance breaches
48 minutes -
NDC’s Ako Gunn dismisses NPP petition against judge as bid for political relevance
50 minutes -
National Ambulance Service rejects claims that EMTs are poorly trained
53 minutes -
Fire destroys part of cargo truck near Konongo fuel station
58 minutes -
2026 World Cup: No Foden, Trent and Palmer as Tuchel names England squad for tournament
1 hour -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on Friday May 22
1 hour -
Ronaldo scores twice to seal Saudi Pro League at last with Al-Nassr
1 hour -
SSNIT clarifies hotel advertisement, denies sale reports
1 hour