The Supreme Court in a unanimous decision upheld SIC’s appeal against Ivory Finance Company Ltd regarding a credit guarantee case which has been in court over the last five years.
The Highest Court of the land made orders remitting the substantive matter of fraud to be heard on its merits by the High Court.
In November 2013 Ivory Finance sued SIC to recover guarantee bond amount of GH¢19.3 million SIC issued in favour of Ital Construct, a construction firm.
However, Ivory Finance obtained a consent judgment that SIC believed was procured fraudulently and for which SIC dismissed its then Managing Director, Doris Awo Nkani.
The Insurance giant has been seeking for the consent judgment to be set aside and its alleged case of fraud in the acquisition of a consent judgment to be heard on its merits.
Commenting after the Supreme Court orders, the Management of SIC Insurance Company noted that they had always believed in their case and remained faithful in the rule of law and in the judiciary system of Ghana.
The Management of SIC has thanked its numerous stakeholders for keeping faith through the trying times.
SIC says it is focused on delivering on its promise to serve the insuring public and to provide the needed leadership in the industry.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment
Affail Monney beats a retreat and apologises for ‘any misimpression’
Boys development advocate calls for global observance of World Day For the Boy
Papa’s Pizza donates boxes of pizza to Chief Imam
Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
Yamkela Makupula: Decolonising Africa’s economies is the solution to an integrated continent
NRSA upscales road safety measures on highways
Enterprise Life names Diana Hamilton and Kofi Kinaata as brand ambassadors
Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
Domestic violence still rife in Upper West Region – Action Aid Ghana
Tokyo 2020: United States track and field team cancels pre-Olympic training in Japan
NCCE urges security agencies to be neutral
Aymeric Laporte switch from France to Spain approved by Fifa