The Police in Tema has shot dead a suspected armed robber during a shootout incident at the Tema Golf City on Monday.
Another accomplice who managed to escape is currently being pursued by the Police. He is believed to be limping on one leg.
“Following a distress call about a robbery attack in the area, a police patrol team immediately responded and pursued two suspects, who were on a motorbike with the registration number covered with a black polythene bag.”
The Police, in a statement dated December 9, said the suspects engaged them in a shoot-out leading to the death of one.
“A search on the deceased led to the retrieval of one Samsung A12 mobile phone, one Nokia keypad phone, GH¢10 and one black 9mm pistol. Later at the robbery scene, the victims identified the phones as theirs,” the statement added.
The deceased’s body has been deposited at the Tema General Hospital pending identification and autopsy.
“The Tema Regional Crime Scene team has examined and processed the scene for investigation. The Police administration lauds the two patrol officers for their bravery in pursuing the suspects.”
“We continue to give the assurance that criminals will be pursued with all available resources to make our communities crime-free,” the Police stressed.
In a related development, the Savanah Regional Police Command is pursuing four armed robbers who attacked a mobile money vendor at Sawla on Thursday afternoon.
The youth who witnessed the act in their pursuit to get the armed robbers arrested were shot at in the process.
“Details regarding this incident will be provided by the Savannah Regional Police Command in due time.”
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black