The government will raise about ¢3.21 billion in Treasury bills this Friday, March 24, 2023.
This will be done via the 91-day, 182-day and 364-day bills.
The amount raised will partly be used to refinance ¢1.88 billion worth of maturing T-bills.
Despite the large offer size, analysts believe the prevailing liquidity conditions will enable the government to reach its target.
Additionally, yields will continue to fall as investor demand remains firm.
The government raised ¢3.88bn in last week’s T-bill auction. The uptake exceeded the auction target by 39.79%.
Yields on the 91-day and 182-day retreated to 18.53% (-147 basis points week-on-week) and 21.27% (-158 basis points week-on-week).
A chunk of the bids for the T-bills came from the 91-day T-bill as ¢2.90 billion was accepted.
For the 182-day bill, the bids submitted were estimated at ¢983.7 million. But ¢972.4 million was accepted.
- Ghanaians among dozens sentenced for their roles in Atlanta-based $30m fraud and money laundering operation
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Assin North by-election: It’s a figment of your imagination – EC replies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Labour unions request time to mull $2.7bn pension fund restructuring offer
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- Daboya unrest: 49 suspects granted bail, others to appear in court on Monday
- India train accident: Modi vows punishments over deadly Odisha crash
- Today’s front pages: Monday, June 5, 2023
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- I’m a 62-year-old woman who’s never dated anyone over 40
- King Faisal suffer Ghana Premier League relegation despite win over Legon Cities
- I married my best friend’s girlfriend
- 99-year-old pastor walks at high school graduation to finally get his diploma
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Russia says it thwarted major Ukrainian offensive
- Singer Darkua release soulful new single Echo
- Routine workout session must be a habit – Cardiologist
- Late Ebony’s parents steal spotlight with romantic dance moves at their wedding
- Ukraine war: Anti-Kremlin fighters say Russian soldiers ‘captured’
- Assin-North by-elections: NDC’s claims spurious, baseless – NPP
- Chiefs and partisan politics: Supreme court’s decision ought to be commended – Togbe Tepre Hodo IV
- Chiefs in politics: Some issues may call for reinterpretation at Supreme Court in future – Dr Asah-Asante