It is very ironic to hear someone tell a love story so well without even being involved in any love relationship.
Most of Gyakie’s best-performing songs, including Forever, are underpinned by love, but the musician says she is not even dating.
According to her, that line of issues is her stronghold as far as her career is concerned.
“Sometimes it is overwhelming for me how I can write love songs although I am not in a relationship yet. Love stories are my strongholds, and it is actually part of my talent. When I am writing love songs, the lyrics flow easily’,” she explained on E Vibes.
The Afrobeats singer, known outside showbiz circles as Jackeline Acheampong, told Becky.
In 2019, Gyakie released her first single titled; “Love is pretty”, which paved the way for another single, “Never like this.”
In August 2020, the “Forever” song from her five-track EP, titled “Seed”, was her claim to fame, enjoying airplay and leading charts in Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
Gyakie completed T.I. Ahmadiyya Senior High School in Kumasi is now an undergraduate student of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). She is studying International Business.
E-Vibes is a weekly programme that delves into the background of the country’s celebrated personalities who are doing tremendous work in their chosen field of work cutting across sectors.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Livestream: PM Express discusses DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11
- Non-participation in DDEP will prolong efforts to resolve current economic crisis – Ofori-Atta
- If you want to get the best out of your employee, compensate them – HR Instructor advises employers
- Sign up for debt exchange ahead of deadline – Ofori-Atta counsels bondholders
- Joy Entertainment Unpacked: Highlighting Guiltybeatz’s Grammys recognition
- Turkey earthquake: Atsu pulled out of rubble alive, says Portugese portal
- DDEP will bring economic stability and growth – Finance Minister
- Ankaful inmates get medical supplies from Tobinco Pharmaceuticals
- Suame traders fume; resist planned demolition of market
- Jesse Morgan recruits Celestine Donkor for inspiring single, Wataban (Wings of God)
- Diaspora Girls’ Senior High School launches 20th anniversary celebration