The Tema bound section of the Accra-Tema motorway has been closed to traffic after heavy rains caused a high tension electric cable on the stretch to snap.
Joy News’ Kojo Yankson who is on the scene reports that traffic is at a complete standstill.
There is, however, both military and police present at the scene and attempts are being made to remove the wires from the road.
Out of frustration, some motorists have resorted to driving on the shoulders of the Accra bound lane, Kojo said.
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol
- 21 Ghanaians to receive Global Summit awards
- Ebola outbreak in Uganda detected late – WHO
- CLOSAG accuses government of infiltrating it with party members
- Catholic charity shutdown after 60 years of operation
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Ghana’s ‘Borga’, ‘Road to My Father’s Compound’ lead race for AMAA 2022 gold
- Emmanuel Agyemang Badu invited for CHAN draw
- Pernod Ricard Ghana partners ‘Let’s Do It Ghana’ to mark World Cleanup Day
- R. Kelly to pay $300,000 to victim in sex crimes
- Minister of Transport leads aviation experts to 41st ICAO Triennial Assembly in Montreal, Canada
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2022 – “Stop food waste for the people and the planet”
- QLAC MD is new President of Association of Insurers and Reinsurers
- 11 takeaways from GFA decision to suspend ongoing Premier League season